Cloud Software Engineer - Labs Technology
PLEASE NOTE: This position is based in our Swiss HQ in Mendrisio, Switzerland, just 7km over the border from Como, Italy. Mendrisio is easily commutable from Milan, Como, Varese or Lugano and Cloud Academy provides the train ticket for you!
At Cloud Academy, we‘re builders. Learning new technology is just as exciting for us as building it. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and empowering students, developers, engineers, and companies to build and grow products with robust and constantly updated cloud skills. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled educational content to developers worldwide.
As a Cloud Software Engineer on the Labs team, you are joining one of the most innovative teams at Cloud Academy.
Our Labs technology is a unique software that allows thousands of people every day to work with AWS, Azure, Google Cloud and other DevOps common tools to learn and test their skills. The team is responsible for the constant development of new features within our Labs technology that then gets deployed to our global user base. The current team is composed of multidisciplinary software engineers with years of experience working on cloud environments and web products.
We move seamlessly from back-end web development, to service-oriented applications design, to managing and scaling deployments. This position will take ownership of how features and services are implemented on our infrastructure, managing microservices, event buses and kubernetes clusters.
You’ll have an opportunity to make a large impact on the culture of our development team. Our ideal candidate is a humble leader, equally capable of teaching and learning. You will work in our Switzerland office (Mendrisio, CH), together with our international engineering and design team and we’re happy to facilitate your relocation to this area if needed.
- Write well-structured, maintainable, idiomatic code with good documentation; unit tests for every feature, bug fixing, and code reviews.
- Communicate with the rest of the company (e.g. product, sales, marketing, UX, etc) to ensure the functionality you're implementing is what was intended.
- Collaborate on a cross-functional team, including mobile developers, designers, and product managers, in order to deliver new features quickly.
- Work closely with the SRE Team to ensure smooth deployments, ensuring that errors are logged with enough info to debug effectively.
- Advanced knowledge of cloud-oriented technologies: Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure, Kubernetes and Docker.
- Long experience and passion for coding, web technologies, and shipping features that drive users adoption.
- Strong understanding of server-side technologies such as Python, Go, Django, Flask, Celery, and both Relational and NoSQL databases: PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Redis.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in modern web patterns: RESTful APIs, SOA, WebSocket and WebRTC.
- Experience with distributed version control systems: mostly Git (Github and/or Bitbucket).
- Familiar with cloud architecture patterns and best practices for designing highly available, scalable and secure systems.
- Familiar with Infrastructure as Code tools like CloudFormation and Terraform.
- High level of English proficiency, both spoken and written.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with a sense of urgency and integrity.
- Able to find creative solutions to interesting problems.
- Curious with a constant desire to learn and collaborate.
- Problem-solver attitude, passionate about digging into complex and challenging problems.
- Competitive compensation with annual bonus potential
- Train ticket paid for by the company
- Budget for professional development
- 4 weeks paid vacation per year
- 15 paid holidays per year
- Great company culture and work environment!
- Highly-skilled teammates and lots of opportunities for growth and development!
- Relocation bonus