Director of Business Development - Remote
Cloud Academy is the leading digital skills development platform that enables every enterprise to become a tech company through guided Learning Paths, Hands-on Labs, and Skills Assessment.
Cloud Academy drives fundamental transformation in a cloud-based world, empowering teams to strategically elevate tech skills through hands-on learning, personalized training plans, and rich analytics into skill growth.
Companies like Turner, SAP, Cognizant, SAS, and Hulu customize Cloud Academy to contextualize learning and leverage the platform to assign, manage, and measure cloud enablement at scale.
We are looking for a remote-based, energetic, and enthusiastic Director of Business Development to add to our growing Sales team. Our ideal candidate will be passionate about driving sales of the Cloud Academy enterprise platform, and accountable for growing this enterprise software business.
What your day could consist of:
- Continuously elevate the Business Development function by providing strategic vision and plans
- Ensure overall business development sales goals, forecasting and headcount planning is aligned both functionally and globally
- Provide outstanding leadership to the business development organization and teams, through effective management of the leaders
- Lead and continuously develop a team of up to 10 SDRs in a virtual setting
- Recommend or approve strategies, processes and tactics that will continuously drive overall performance
- Ensure teams are achieving their objectives of finding and qualifying opportunities to pass to the AE teams
- Maintain a sales development culture that is productive, healthy and enjoyable
- Work effectively with regional sales leaders to ensure equitable global lead activity and performance
- Interact regularly and effectively with other customer-facing and go to market teams, ensuring optimal sales enablement and resources for the business development organization
- At least 5 years of experience leading multiple sales teams, including direct management of sales representatives in a business development capacity
- Proven success selling in a high growth SaaS environment
- Knowledge of the EdTech space preferred
- Prior experience selling to Enterprise is a must
- Passion for sales and developing high performing teams
- Experience creating, managing or influencing a sales function is preferred
- Ability to maintain a high level of productivity, manage multiple competing priorities, and work effectively in a fast-paced, complex, and collaborative environment
- Experience working with Outreach, LI Navigator and Discover.org/ZoomInfo
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Full benefits, including medical, dental, and vision
- An exciting startup environment
- Four weeks of paid vacation per year
- Build your personal workstation