Director of Marketing
Cloud Academy is the leading digital skills development platform that enables every enterprise to become a tech company through guided Learning Paths, Hands-on Labs, and Skill Assessment. Cloud Academy delivers role-specific training on leading cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform), essential methodologies needed to operate on and between clouds (DevOps, security, containers), and capabilities that are unlocked by the cloud (big data, machine learning).
Companies like Turner, Cognizant, SAS, and ThermoFisher customize Cloud Academy to contextualize learning and leverage the platform to assign, manage, and measure cloud enablement at scale.
As Director of Marketing you are responsible for the design, execution and continuous evolution of our marketing strategy with a particular focus on our positioning and demand generation. In this role we are looking for a professional who has experience in the Enterprise SaaS space and can bring to our team a data-driven approach to generate and measure our pipeline.
You will work closely with our sales department and will align to it on a pipeline generation quota you will own on a quarterly basis. Our ideal candidate has a long experience in a demand generation driven marketing organization and knows how to leverage content creation, tools and creativity to drive specific campaigns that produce leads for our Sales team.
Your team is distributed across the East Coast in the US and our Swiss office. You will be required to visit, at least once a quarter, our Swiss office and sync with part of your team and our product/engineering organization.
What you will do in this role
- Build, develop and continuously mentor our Marketing team in North America and in Europe. As part of this you will define a career path for each member of the team, you will coach them and ensure they are aligned on our marketing vision and strategy for the short and long term.
- Own both the strategic and tactical side of a growth marketing program including demand generation, content marketing, product marketing, field marketing, brand, PR & Comms.
- Own an operating unit budget, manage a team of direct reports effectively and leverage marketing automation tools and tech stack.
- Communicate our company, brand and product in effective ways, consistent with our values.
- Own the marketing goals and execution from budget and planning through results.
- Design and help content development including drafting and editing white papers, case studies, webinars, email blasts, social media, client communications, etc. as outlined in overall marketing plan.
- Work closely with Sales, Customer Success, Product, Content and Engineering to achieve our company goals.
- Be a trusted resource and visible leader for our entire company.
- Design and implement our demand generation strategy spanning inbound and outbound and including email, paid advertising, social, webinars, events, SEO/SEM, and content syndication
- Continuously optimize program performance and quality, working in a closed feedback loop with the sales team
- Identify and test creative new strategies to generate traffic, signups, and qualified leads
- Define and manage top-of-the-funnel nurture programs to accelerate prospect movement through the funnel
- Design, test, and execute account-based marketing campaigns for acquisition and expansion
- Track and report on performance metrics (CPL, Leads, MQLs, SQLs, Opps, Pipeline, etc.), using this data to continually optimize campaign performance
- A player/coach manager who is willing to roll up his/her sleeves to get the job done. At Cloud Academy we strongly value your ability to help your team grow and be successful inside the organization.
- Must have experience with SaaS enterprise digital products. Bonus points if you have experience working in the e-learning/talent management industry
- Ability to operate and excel at strategic as well as tactical levels.
- Strong understanding of all facets of the buyer’s journey throughout the marketing and sales funnel
- Expertise in SEO/SEM, events, social media, and digital marketing
- Analytical, with a relentless focus on metrics, measurement, and optimization.
- Track record in driving high growth in a B2B SaaS environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of marketing technologies like Hubspot and Salesforce.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Competitive salary with an annual bonus
- Budget for professional development
- 4 weeks paid vacation per year
- 11 paid holidays per year
- Great company culture and work environment
- Highly-skilled teammates and lots of opportunities for growth and development