Manager, Sales Operations
NOTE: This is a remote position for candidates based in the Chicago metro area.
About Cloud Academy:
Cloud Academy is the leading digital skills development platform that enables every enterprise to become a tech company through guided Learning Paths, Hands-on Labs, and Skill Assessment. Cloud Academy delivers role-specific training on the leading cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform), essential methodologies needed to operate on and between clouds (DevOps, security, containers), and capabilities that are unlocked by the cloud (big data, machine learning).
Companies like Turner, Cognizant, SAS, and ThermoFisher customize Cloud Academy to contextualize learning and leverage the platform to assign, manage, and measure cloud enablement at scale. Learn more at cloudacademy.com.
What are We Looking For?
At Cloud Academy, we’re growing our sales force and looking to hire a Sales Operations Manager who is passionate about building, analyzing and refining sales processes. You will handle reporting, calculate commissions, serve as the internal point contact for Salesforce, and assist with the general design of Cloud Academy’s revenue functions, while working very closely with the Data & Operations side of the Product team. In this role, communication is paramount and we expect you to come charged with ideas that you can effectively convey, collaborate on, and execute on, with the support of key executives. You will report directly to our Chicago-based VP of Sales. This is a 100% remote position.
What you will do:
- Work closely with sales, customer success, product and finance leadership
- Lead weekly executive forecasting and pipeline meetings for cross-functional alignment
- Design and execute territory planning and lead distribution engines that prioritize the right leads at the right time for the right reps
- Manage various vendor relationships to optimize sales technology usage and productivity
- Track and manage monthly and quarterly commission payouts for sales reps and customer success managers
- Partner with Sales leadership and Finance to develop sales incentive programs and compensation planning to drive optimal sales production
- Create and maintain documentation on sales processes, policies, and relevant sales training materials and assist with onboarding new sales talent
- Deliver daily, weekly, monthly sales reporting for all key business units, down to the individual level
- Monitor core trends, including the average sale price, sales cycle, and conversion rates by sales rep, channel, and source
- Data deep-dives to find pockets of opportunities for our business
- Build custom integrations into Salesforce and Gainsight with internal and external applications using REST APIs and S3 buckets
- Track record in driving change and removing hurdles in fast-growth organizations by working cross-functionally with Product, Marketing, Finance, and IT
- Deep Salesforce.com experience, certification a definite plus
- Extensive knowledge of Gainsight setup and best practices, certification a definite plus
- Proven strong organizational and project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks;
- Ability to translate complex data into simple insights and communicate them concisely and effectively
- Detail-oriented and methodical in your routine; you pride yourself in the accuracy of your work
- Your written and verbal communication is clear and actionable
- You can adapt to rapidly-changing environments and work effectively and collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- A bachelor’s degree
- 3-4 years of experience in Sales Operations or Revenue Operations