Product Designer, UX/UI - (Remote or Onsite)
RemoteSwitzerland, Ticino, LuganoProduct Team
PLEASE NOTE: This is either an onsite role based in our Swiss office in Mendrisio, Switzerland (it's just 7km and is easily commutable from Milan, Como, Varese or Lugano) or a 100% remote position for candidates based in Europe who speak fluent English and are willing and able to spend around a week per quarter in our Swiss Office (travel expenses covered). We are also happy to assist with your relocation to this beautiful part of Europe and we have a remote working policy.
Cloud Academy is a hyper-growth upskilling and reskilling SaaS company, focused on enabling enterprise customers to have full transparency and control over their tech workforce skills readiness. In a rapidly changing cloud technical landscape where there is an increasing tech skills gap in the market, combined with the difficulty organizations are facing to retain tech talent and the demands for numerous technical certifications, companies need the ability to manage these skills at scale more than ever. We help over 1000 customers visualize, assess, transform and measure their teams’ tech skills readiness through a unique Skills Intelligence Platform, powered by world class cloud training content. Companies like Warner Media, Deloitte, JP Morgan Chase and Walmart trust Cloud Academy with their technical cloud skills readiness at scale, so they can achieve their cloud business goals.
We are a global team, with colleagues in over 14 countries worldwide. We are a diverse team that is innovative, collaborative, pragmatic and passionate about making an impact. We thrive on a common vision, we obsess about our customers and learners, and we take pride in the quality of our work. Most importantly, we know that individually we are only as good as our teams are, and we always have each others’ backs.
We are seeking driven, highly competent, and creative team players to join us on the next phase of our growth story, as we scale our winning products to help even more customers and learners.
Now is your chance to join our talented teams and help us build the future of IT learning!
We are looking for a passionate Senior Product Designer to add to our growing Design Team. As a Product Designer, you will work closely with engineering and product to design and iterate on simple, intuitive solutions for the consumer and enterprise market, with special attention to the e-learning and technology objectives of our platform.
We're looking for someone with the ability to go from the "big picture" view of a user experience right down to the "close-up" level of pixels and micro-interactions.
You will be involved in key new projects with a 50/50 balance between creating new products and re-architecting existing ones.
- Balance different learning content (video, quizzes, hands-on labs) in one seamless experience to keep learners engaged and excited.
- Integrate user experience design and visual design functions to produce simple, highly usable, scalable designs that create cohesive, positive user experiences across multiple product lines.
- Build and define the design function within the product development organization, including user interface design and visual design.
- Proactively drive forward and boost the product and design vision working closely and collaboratively with PMs and Engineering teams.
- Create prototypes and collaborate with engineers and stakeholders to make sure the product meets the highest standards of quality.
- Work within a defined design system and design new components as needed.
- Help build a collaborative design culture, a cohesive user experience, and a powerful brand.
- 3+ years of experience as a product designer, user experience designer, or similar UX/UI-related role
- Experience developing successful and impactful products from concept through production and the ability to showcase your work
- Exceptional ability to collaborate with different stakeholders and facilitate the design process
- Excellent communication skills and ease having discussions with users, engineers, and executives
- Fluent spoken and written English is a must for this position
Nice to have:
- Experience in information design, with a demonstrated capability to understand data/insights and putting them into dashboards
- Experience with Design Systems
- Competitive compensation and a bonus plan
- Four weeks of paid vacation per year (that increases to five weeks after two years with the company!) plus one day off per year to volunteer at your favorite non-profit