Product Marketing Manager (Remote)
NOTE: This is a 100% remote position for candidates located anywhere on US EST.
Cloud Academy is the leading digital skills development platform that enables every enterprise to become a tech company through guided Learning Paths, Hands-on Labs, and Skill Assessment. Cloud Academy delivers role-specific training on leading cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform), essential methodologies needed to operate on and between clouds (DevOps, security, containers), and capabilities that are unlocked by the cloud (big data, machine learning).. Companies like Turner, Cognizant, SAS, and ThermoFisher customize Cloud Academy to contextualize learning and leverage the platform to assign, manage, and measure cloud enablement at scale.
We are looking for a data-driven product marketing professional to own all product marketing and go-to-market for the world's most effective technology training platform. This position reports to our US-based VP of Global Marketing and will be a part of our US and Swiss-based marketing team.
As a Product Marketing Manager, you’ll be the central hub between our marketing, sales and product teams. Your role will be the perfect balance of strategic and tactical - as you will balance long-term product positioning with short-term adjustments to iterate, test and learn. You’ll help us increase sales effectiveness by ensuring our sales team has the tools, knowledge and positioning essential to winning more deals. You’ll also help us fuel our demand generation with insights and content that will help validate Cloud Academy as an essential platform for enterprises to manage and evolve their technical capabilities. Last but not least, you'll partner with our product team to enhance the user experience within our training platform.
- Partner closely with our sales team to ensure they have the tools and knowledge they need to turn prospects into customers.
- Develop marketing plans aligned to organizational strategic imperatives that drive revenue across multiple segments.
- Drive business intelligence (BI) by understanding and effectively communicating market dynamics, customer trends, and product adoption.
- Drive ongoing collaboration and information sharing that is data and insight-focused, between the sales, marketing and product teams.
- Partner with our product team to enhance our customer's user experience.
- Conduct Win/Loss and customer feedback analysis that informs future product and GTM strategy
- Support the creation and distribution of product-related content that effectively moves prospects through the sales cycle. This could include but is not limited to: white papers, webinars, blog posts, infographics, slide decks, and sales collateral.
- Own competitive intelligence by keeping the entire organization abreast of changes in the competitive landscape and helping us position Cloud Academy to win more customers.
- Understand and document our customers' “buying journey” from awareness to acquisition and on to customer retention and expansion.
- Establish and continuously update buyer personas that help us effectively target prospects with relevant messaging that establishes Cloud Academy as an essential partner.
- Manage product launch and feature releases to let our customers and market know how we’re solving problems.
- Play a leading role in our segmentation strategy to ensure we are meeting our customers' needs throughout their respective buying journeys.
- This role will also contribute to other aspects of marketing, including demand generation, event management, public relations, and analyst partnerships needed to support our growth plan.
Here are some of the skills that you will possess as a successful candidate for this role:
Experience: You have at least four years of solid working experience, in a B2B company, with product positioning, packaging, GTM and demand generation strategies. SaaS experience is strongly preferred
Education: A Bachelor’s Degree is required
Analytical Skills: You will be able to demonstrate strong analytical skills, as well as your passion for product analysis, competitive analysis, and market dynamics. You will need to demonstrate a strong ability to synthesize market data and provide solutions, sometimes with constrained deadlines.
Writing: You possess a creative ability to craft product messaging that resonates and connects with customers and internal stakeholders
Communication Skills: You possess excellent communication skills and an ability to present complex material in a way that relates to each audience.
Leadership Skills: Your leadership skills will be vital to your success in this role. This includes an ability to influence peers and senior leadership towards a single unified direction.
Logistics: A home office with high-speed internet.
- Competitive compensation with an annual bonus
- Build your own workstation
- Full benefits including medical/dental/vision insurance, 401k and FSAs
- Four weeks of paid vacation per year, plus 11 holidays, 5 sick days and 6 weeks of fully-paid parental leave
- An exciting product with fabulous people
- 1-2 trips per year to the Swiss office