Product Testing Engineer Intern
PLEASE NOTE: This position is based in our Swiss HQ in Mendrisio, Switzerland, just 7km over the border from Como, Italy. Mendrisio is easily commutable from Milan, Como, Varese or Lugano, and Cloud Academy provides the train ticket for you!
Cloud Academy is the leading digital skills development platform that enables every enterprise to become a tech company through guided Learning Paths, Hands-on Labs, and Skill Assessment. Cloud Academy delivers role-specific training on leading cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform), essential methodologies needed to operate on and between clouds (DevOps, security, containers), and capabilities that are unlocked by the cloud (big data, machine learning).
Companies like Turner, Cognizant, SAS, and ThermoFisher customize Cloud Academy to contextualize learning and leverage the platform to assign, manage, and measure cloud enablement at scale.
We are looking for a young candidate who is willing to join Cloud Academy for a 12-month internship finalized to join our Product Team full-time. In the Junior Product Testing Engineer role, you will work closely with our Product Management leadership and our engineers to define, implement and execute constant testing of our product and of all new features we build inside our platform.
You will learn how to create a testing strategy and how to automate several of its components through existing tools available at Cloud Academy or selecting new frameworks together with your team.
Once your internship is completed you can join our team full-time in our product organization or engineering organization based on your skills and how your internship evolved.
What you will do
- You will learn how to run specific tests on production or non-production environments following internal development cycles for our product.
- Work with our Product Management organization to learn how to build products, test them and automate testing on production and non-production environments.
- Be involved in our Product management meetings to understand our roadmap, products, and audience.
- Design and build tests to automate our quality checks and write documentation to keep the team and the entire product organization up to date.
- Connect and work with Customer Success and Customer Support on identifying potential issues and bugs for end-users and enterprise customers.
- Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Business degree equivalent
- Basic knowledge of English is a must for this position
- Attention to detail - this role requires an attention to detail to succeed.
- Experience working and communicating with engineers and product owners.
- Strong passion for SaaS products and product development
- Knowledge of Cloud technologies such as AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud and DevOps is a strong plus and preference.
- 800-1,000 CHF as a monthly reimbursement
- Train ticket paid for by the company
- Budget for professional development
- Great company culture and work environment!
- Highly-skilled teammates and lots of opportunities for growth and development