Senior Back-end Engineer, Machine Learning
At Cloud Academy, we‘re builders. Learning new technology is just as exciting for us as building it. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and empowering students, developers, engineers and companies to build and grow products with robust and constantly updated cloud skills. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled educational content to developers worldwide.
We are currently expanding a dedicated team of data scientists inside our company with a Machine Learning Engineer with strong experience in back-end development. The team works in strict synergy with the Engineering and the Product teams and has active collaborations with universities and researchers.
We are exploring state-of-the-art techniques to extract knowledge from unstructured text and implement models for knowledge representation, reasoning, and Natural Language Generation (NLG). We expect the candidate to support the data scientists in the development of applications that will naturally reflect in the product in order to scale and automate the production and maintenance of training and assessment content.
In addition, the candidate will be involved in the other challenging activities of the team, such as the customization of the UX through recommendations, skill assessment logic, and data collection and analysis.
The candidate will have the opportunity to make a large impact on the culture of our team. Our ideal candidate is a humble leader, equally capable of teaching and learning.
- Able to write well-structured, maintainable, idiomatic code with good documentation; automated tests for every feature, comfortable with bug fixing and code reviews.
- Support and guide the data scientists in developing well-structured code ready for being deployed.
- Communicate with the rest of the company (e.g. sales, marketing, UX, etc) to ensure the functionality you're implementing is fit for purpose and fit for use.
- Collaborate in a cross-functional team, including mobile developers, designers and product managers in order to quickly deliver new features.
- Work closely with the SRE Team to ensure smooth deployments, ensuring that errors are logged with enough info to debug effectively.
The candidate should have:
- Passion for coding, web technologies, and shipping features that drive users adoption.
- Strong understanding of server-side technologies such as: Python, Django, Flask, Celery and both Relational and NoSQL databases: PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis.
- Familiar with cloud-oriented technologies: AWS, Google Cloud, Heroku, Docker.
- Familiar with cloud architecture patterns and best practices for designing highly available, scalable and secure systems.
- Good level of English proficiency, both spoken and written.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with a sense of urgency and integrity.
- Experience with distributed version control systems: mostly Git (Github and/or Bitbucket).
- Master’s degree in a quantitative field, such as computer science, statistics, and machine learning.
- Experience with core Data Science tools and libraries.
- Familiarity with Machine Learning algorithms and applications.
- Problem-solver attitude, passionate to dig into complex and challenging problems and shipping features that drive users adoption.
- Competitive compensation with annual bonus potential
- Budget for professional development
- 4 weeks paid vacation per year
- 15 paid holidays per year
- Great company culture and work environment!
- Highly-skilled teammates and lots of opportunities for growth and development!