Senior Back-End Engineer (Remote or on-site)
RemoteSwitzerland, Ticino, LuganoEngineering
- Be able to write well-structured, maintainable, idiomatic code with good documentation; unit tests for every feature, bug fixing and code reviews.
- Communicate with the rest of the company (e.g. sales, marketing, UX, etc) to ensure the functionality you're implementing is what was intended.
- Collaborate on a cross-functional team, including frontend developers, designers and product managers, in order to quickly deliver new features.
- Work closely with the Operations Team to ensure smooth deployments, ensuring that errors are logged with enough info to debug effectively.
- Solid experience with one or more programming languages (e.g. Python, Kotlin, Go, Java, NodeJS, C/C++,).
- Solid experience with relational database and with other type of databases (no sql): PostgreSQL, Redis.
- Advanced knowledge and experience on modern web patterns: AJAX, RESTful APIs, SOA, WebSocket, client-side rendering, etc.
- Experience with distributed version control systems: mostly Git (Github and/or Bitbucket)Familiarity with cloud-oriented technologies: AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, Docker.
- Good level of English proficiency, both spoken and written.
- Competitive compensation and a bonus plan.
- Four weeks of paid vacation per year (that increases to five weeks after two years with the company!) plus one day off per year to volunteer at your favorite non-profit.
Equality & Diversity
We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunity employer, committed to equality and diversity amongst both our employees and prospective applicants. We ensure that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, socio-economic background, neuro-diversity, education, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.