Sr Back-End Engineer - Remote Italy
PLEASE NOTE: This is a 100% remote position for candidates in Europe who speak fluent English and Italian and are willing and able to spend one week per quarter in our Swiss office with the Engineering team (travel expenses covered).
Cloud Academy is the leading digital skills development platform that enables every enterprise to become a tech company through guided Learning Paths, Hands-on Labs, and Skill Assessment. Cloud Academy delivers role-specific training on leading clouds (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform), essential methodologies needed to operate on and between clouds (DevOps, security, containers), and capabilities that are unlocked by the cloud (big data, machine learning).
Companies like Turner, Cognizant, SAS, and ThermoFisher customize Cloud Academy to contextualize learning and leverage the platform to assign, manage, and measure cloud enablement at scale.
Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled educational content to developers worldwide!
We’re looking for a Back-End Developer to help us take our product to the next level. We move seamlessly from full-stack web development, to mobile, to deployment/scaling. This position will take ownership of how features are implemented, from user experience to backend, involving our web app, mobile app, APIs and backend infrastructure.
You’ll have an opportunity to make a large impact on the culture of our development team. Our ideal candidate is a humble leader, equally capable of teaching and learning.
- Able to write well-structured, maintainable, idiomatic code with good documentation; unit tests for every feature, bug fixing and code reviews.
- Communicate with the rest of the company (e.g. sales, marketing, UX, etc) to ensure the functionality you're implementing is what was intended.
- Collaborate in a cross-functional team, including mobile developers, designers and product managers in order to quickly deliver new features.
- Work closely with the Operations Team to ensure smooth deployments, ensuring that errors are logged with enough info to debug effectively.
- Passion for coding, web technologies, and shipping features that drive users adoption.
- Strong understanding of server-side technologies such as: Python, Django, Flask, Celery and both Relational and NoSQL databases: PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis
- Advanced knowledge and experience on modern web patterns: AJAX, RESTful APIs, SOA, WebSocket, client-side rendering, etc.
- Experience with distributed version control systems: mostly Git (Github and/or Bitbucket).
- Familiar with cloud-oriented technologies: AWS, Google Cloud, Heroku, Docker
- Familiar with cloud architecture patterns and best practices for designing highly available, scalable and secure systems.
- Good level of English proficiency, both spoken and written.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with a sense of urgency and integrity.
- Competitive compensation with annual bonus potential
- Budget for professional development
- 4 weeks paid vacation per year
- 15 paid holidays per year
- Great company culture and work environment!
- Highly-skilled teammates and lots of opportunities for growth and development!